focus: performance, sound, happening, lecture, talk, walk, tour, gathering, storytelling, intervention, motion, movement, dance, spoken word, poetry, durational, …
Deadline: 7th of February 2023
Very Contemporary is launching an open call for two residencies of three months (March-May 2023 in the context of the cross border performance festival Performing Landscapes. The residency is a co-production by Greylight Projects, platform for art and culture in Heerlen (NL) and IKOB – Museum of Contemporary Art in Eupen (BE).
The residency takes place in the framework of the performance art festival “Performing landscapes 2023” initiated by Very Contemporary, a network between different art spaces and museums in the border region of the Euregio-Meuse-Rhine.
Guided by the open question “Where are we now?”, the residency invites artists to reflect on the particularities of the Euregio-Meuse-Rhine region and its landscapes.
The artists are invited to explore new perspectives on the particular urban and rural territories in the border triangle. Responding to the various landscapes, their borders, their history and their possible futures.
The project may address or reflect themes such as sustainability, ecology, post-industrialism, transcultural dialogue, cultural heritage or geopolitics specific to the region. The focus of the residency is on research and developing a new work in this context.
The artist is invited to give a public presentation of their practice at IKOB and at Greylight Projects in the beginning of the residency as an introduction to the interested members of the cultural field.
The residency period will take place at Greylight Projects in Heerlen, with a final public presentation at Greylight Projects as well as at IKOB in Eupen in the context of the performance festival in early September 2023. The artist(s) will be guided by the teams of both Greylight Projects and IKOB throughout the residency.
To apply, send us the following documents (in English) in ONE SINGLE PDF FILE (10 Mb max.) by email to: email@example.com
The document must contain the following information:
– a short text about your motivations for the residency (500 words max)
– a curriculum vitae with your contact details (email, telephone, address, website)
– images of recent works (with captions)
– a short text describing your artistic practice.
(For new media, please insert links to look at videos or to listen to sound tracks within the pdf/)
Deadline for applications February 7th 2023 at midnight
The results will be communicated by email shortly after the deadline.
- start of the residency: March 2023
- duration: 3 months
- studio information: a studio space of approximately 25m2
- accommodation information: the accommodation is at Greylight Projects in Heerlen (consisting in a private room, with
- shower on the corridor and a shared kitchen)
- expected outcome: research and production of a new work that will be presented during the Performing Landscape festival.
paid by host: a fee of 2500, – euro and depending on the needs there is a production budget available till a max. 1500, – euro.
- paid by the artist: insurances, travel expenses, food
- languages spoken: English
download this information as a pdf:
2023 – OPEN CALL – ARTIST IN RESIDENCY – performing landscapes